TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Black Listing
- Commencement Date
- Disputed Instalment
- Failed Instalment
- Handed Over
- Instalment Collected
- Loan Agreement
means the benefits available to Consumers through the Trust Levels Program;
means a Consumer that GetBucks will no longer enter into further Loan Agreements with as a result of the Consumer’s adverse or negative behaviour in his/her dealings with GetBucks;
means 15 October 2018;
means the person to whom or at whose direction money is advanced or credit granted in terms of a Loan Agreement;
means a Loan Instalment purportedly paid to GetBucks that the Consumer then disputes and which GetBucks does not actually receive;
means less than 51% (fifty-one per cent) of a Loan Instalment has been paid to GetBucks by the Consumer;
means Get Bucks (Pty) Ltd, registered credit provider and private company, incorporated in accordance with laws of South Africa, with registration number 2010/015748/07;
means a Loan Agreement account that GetBucks has handed to an external debt collection agency for collection owing to the Consumer failing to make payments to GetBucks in accordance with the terms of the Loan Agreement;
means at least 51% (fifty-one per cent) of a Loan Instalment has been paid to GetBucks by the Consumer;
means an agreement between GetBucks and the Consumer, in terms of which:
- GetBucks has advanced money to or has granted credit to a Consumer and has agreed to defer the repayment thereof; and
- The Consumer has agreed to repay the money advanced or credit granted to GetBucks together with interest, fees and other charges (including credit insurance) in instalments over a specified period of time;
means the contractual instalment that a Consumer has agreed to pay to GetBucks in terms of the Loan Agreement;
means the maximum loan amount that a Consumer could receive from GetBucks, subject to his or her affordability requirements;
means the maximum number of Loan Agreements that a Consumer could have with GetBucks at any one time;
means the maximum total amount, including all outstanding amounts under all active Loan Agreements, that a Consumer may owe to GetBucks at any one time;
means the maximum period of time that a Consumer would have to repay GetBucks in terms of a Loan Agreement;
means a loan that a Consumer has paid in full in accordance with the terms of the Loan Agreement;
means personal information about the Consumer and includes information about financial status, gender, age, health, contact numbers and addresses;
means the points allocated to a Consumer by GetBucks in accordance with these Rules;
means the automated or manual activity of collecting, recording, organising, storing, updating, distributing and removing or deleting Personal Information;
means the score that a credit bureau gives to a person based on his/her repayment behaviour and credit record;
means the score that a credit bureau gives to a person based on his/her repayment behaviour and credit record;
means the level assigned to a Consumer by GetBucks based on the Points that a Consumer has earned in terms of these Rules;
means this program, governed by the Rules and administered by GetBucks, in terms of which Consumers can earn Points and qualify for Benefits;
means these terms and conditions; and
means a Consumer that has agreed to use Yodlee in his/her most recent application for a loan from GetBucks.
- GetBucks aims to incentivise its Consumers to improve their credit behaviour.
- GetBucks rewards its Consumers with Points for looking after their credit activities.
- The Points earned by a Consumer determine their Trust Level and their Trust Level unlocks Benefits like access to increased loan amounts, loan repayment periods, number of loans and maximum total loan amounts, subject always to the Consumer’s affordability.
- These Rules govern the relationship between GetBucks and the Consumer in relation to these Rules from the Commencement Date.
- By entering into a Loan Agreement with GetBucks, after the Commencement Date, the Consumer accepts that these Rules (and any changes that GetBucks may make to the Rules from time to time) apply to the Consumer.
- GetBucks will automatically award Points to a Consumer that performs the activities listed below:
- GetBucks will automatically revoke Points from a Consumer that performs the activities listed below:
- The number of Points that a Consumer has, as determined by GetBucks, will determine their Trust Level.
- Existing Consumers: GetBucks will utilise the information that GetBucks had for a Consumer for the six calendar months preceding the Commencement Date.
- New Consumers: GetBucks will utilise the information that GetBucks has for the Consumer on the date that the Consumer enters into his/her first Loan Agreement with GetBucks.
- Following the Commencement Date, GetBucks will look at the Consumer’s previous rolling six month history of interactions with GetBucks to determine a Consumer’s Points on any given day, provided that GetBucks will utilise the most recent Risk Category and Risk Score that GetBucks has on record for the Consumer to determine the Points on any given day.
- Points will be reflected on the Consumer’s dashboard on the GetBucks website and/or cellular app.
- Points may take up to five days to reflect on the Consumer’s dashboard on the GetBucks website and/or cellular app.
- The lowest that a Consumer’s score can be is zero and a Consumer will never have negative Points.
- Any activity for which points have been awarded or revoked that is reversed will result in the reversal of the Points originally allocated.
|Consumer has a Risk Category of 0 or a Risk Score of between 750 and 661||301|
|Consumer has a Risk Category of 1 or a Risk Score of between 660 and 630||201|
|Consumer has a Risk Category of 2 or a Risk Score of between 629 and 612||101|
|Consumer has a Risk Category of 3 or a Risk Score of between 611 and 596||51|
|Consumer has a Risk Category of 4 or a Risk Score of between 595 and 501||0|
|Consumer has a Risk Category of 5 or a Risk Score of between 500 and 11||0|
|Consumer has a Risk Category of 6 or a Risk Score of between 10 and 0||0|
|For each Consumer Instalment Collected||20|
|For each Consumer Paid Up Loan||75|
|For Each Consumer Yodlee Activation||25|
|For each Consumer Failed Instalment||-50|
|For each Consumer Handed Over||-800|
|For each Consumer Black Listing||-800|
|For each Consumer Disputed Instalment||-800|
- There will be 7 Trust Levels, the lowest Trust Level is 0 and the highest Trust Level is 6.
- To move up a Trust Level, a Consumer will have to accumulate the Points required for the next Trust Level.
- The Points required to be in a particular Trust Level are stipulated below:
|Trust Level 1||0|
|Trust Level 2||200|
|Trust Level 3||350|
|Trust Level 4||500|
|Trust Level 5||650|
|Trust Level 6||1000|
For example, a Consumer who has earned 330 Points will have a Trust Level of 2.
- Each Trust Level will have its own Benefits, as identified below:
- GetBucks will terminate any right that a Consumer has to a Benefit in the Trust Levels Program if GetBucks believes that the Consumer is abusing the Benefits or privileges of the Trust Levels Program. This includes refraining from the following behaviour:
- Encouraging, assisting or advising another Consumer to commit fraud in their engagement with the Trust Levels Program.
- Impersonating another person or Consumer or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting an affiliation with a person or Consumer or adopting a false identity if the purpose of doing so is to mislead, deceive, or defraud GetBucks or the Trust Levels Program.
|Max Loan Amount||Max Term||Max No. of Loans||Max Exposure|
|Trust Level 1||R1 000.00||1 months||1||R1 000.00|
|Trust Level 2||R3 000.00||3 months||2||R6 000.00|
|Trust Level 3||R5 000.00||4 months||2||R9 000.00|
|Trust Level 4||R7 000.00||6 months||3||R12 000.00|
|Trust Level 5||R8 000.00||6 months||3||R16 000.00|
|Trust Level 6||R8 000.00||6 months||3||R18 000.00|
For example, if a Consumer has earned enough points to have a Trust Level of 4, the Consumer may, subject to the Consumer’s affordability, qualify for a Max Loan Amount of R7 000.00 over a Maximum Term of 6 months, may have a Max No. of Loans of 3 loans and may have a Max Exposure R12 000.00.
- GetBucks is a registered credit provider (NCRCP 5512).
- Prior to granting a loan to any person, GetBucks conducts affordability assessments in accordance with the requirements of the National Credit Act 34 of 2005. The Trust Levels Program will in no way impact the manner in which GetBucks conducts such assessments.
- GetBucks may change these Rules from time to time.
- GetBucks will give Consumers advance notice of any intended changes to these Rules within a reasonable time.
- If GetBucks is terminating a Benefit altogether we will provide Consumers with reasonable notice.
- Under no circumstances, including as a result of its negligent acts or omissions or those of its staff, servicers, agents, contractors, partners or other persons for whom in law it may be liable, will GetBucks be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any nature which a Consumer may sustain as a result of engagement in the Trust Levels Program. Accordingly, and by agreeing to these Rules, the Consumer, and any third parties indemnify GetBucks.
- No Consumer shall have any recourse or claim against GetBucks as a result of:
- any amendment to these Rules; and/or
- cancellation, termination, suspension or postponement of the Trust Levels Program;
- Consumers will not be entitled to claim any royalties or any intellectual property rights from GetBucks.
- Except in so far as is provided for in the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”), as amended, the decision of GetBucks in respect of all matters to do with the Trust Level Program will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Consumer has no legal relationship with GetBucks or the Trust Levels Program other than being bound by these Rules and, when entitled to do so, receiving any Benefits the Consumer may be entitled to in terms of these Rule.
- When a Consumer engages with GetBucks, the Consumer trusts GetBucks with his/her Personal Information. GetBucks is committed to protecting the Consumer’s right to privacy.
- The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to set out how GetBucks collects, uses, shares and otherwise Process Information belonging to Consumers, in line with the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
- Consumers have the right to object to the processing of their Personal Information. It is voluntary to accept these Rules. However, GetBucks require Consumers to accept these Rules to activate and service Consumer Loan Agreements with GetBucks. This means that if a Consumer does not accept these Rules, GetBucks cannot activate and service its Loan Agreements.
- GetBucks will keep the Personal Information of Consumers confidential. A Consumer may have given GetBucks this information him/herself or GetBucks may have collected it from other sources. If a Consumer shares share his/her Personal Information with any third parties, GetBucks will not be responsible for any loss suffered by a Consumer.
- The Consumer warrants that when he/she gives GetBucks Personal Information about their dependants, beneficiaries, spouse, or employees, the Consumer has received their permission to share their Personal Information with GetBucks.
- The Consumer agrees that GetBucks may Process Information of the Consumer for the following purposes:
- The administration of the Trust Levels Program;
- The provision of any services that the Consumer may require;
- The rendering of services by GetBucks; and
- The provision of relevant information to contracted third parties who require such information to render a service to the Consumer and only if such contracted third parties agree to keep the information confidential.
- If a third party asks GetBucks for any Consumer Personal Information, GetBucks will share it with them only if:
- The Consumer has already given his/her consent for the disclosure; or
- GetBucks has a legal or contractual duty to give the information to that third party; or
- for risk and fraud prevention purposes.
- The Consumer confirms that GetBucks may share his/her Personal Information within the GetBucks group of companies for:
- Administration, including inter-company/integrated Benefit and product administration;
- Fraud prevention; and
- Where necessary to provide group-wide services, Benefits and infrastructure to help the Consumer in his/her personal or professional capacity.
- The Consumer confirms that GetBucks may share and combine all his/her Personal Information for any one or more of the following purposes:
- Market, statistical and academic research; and
- To customise the Benefits and services offered by GetBucks to meet the Consumer’s needs.
- By entering into the Loan Agreement, the Consumer authorises GetBucks to obtain and share information about the Consumer’s creditworthiness with any credit bureau or credit provider’s industry association or industry body. This includes information about credit history, financial history, judgments, default history (in accordance with the requirements of the National Credit Act and Regulations) and sharing of information for purposes of risk analysis, tracing and any related purposes.
- GetBucks has the right to communicate with Consumers electronically about any changes on the Trust Level Program.
- The Consumer is entitled to request GetBucks to stop sending any direct marketing from GetBucks.
- The Consumer has the right to know what Personal Information GetBucks holds about a Consumer. If the Consumer wishes to receive a copy, please contact GetBucks. GetBucks will take all reasonable steps to confirm the identity of the Consumer before providing Personal Information details. GetBucks is entitled to charge a fee for this service and will provided details of the fee at the time of request.
- Consumers have the right to ask GetBucks to update, correct or delete their Personal Information. Where GetBucks cannot delete a consumer’s Personal Information, GetBucks will take all reasonable steps to make it anonymous. The Consumer agrees that GetBucks may keep their Personal Information until the Consumer asks GetBucks to delete or destroy it, unless the law requires GetBucks to keep such information.
- GetBucks is required to collect and keep Personal Information in terms of the following laws:
- The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act;
- The Financial Intelligence Centre Act;
- The Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act;
- The National Credit Act; and
- The CPA.
- The Consumer agrees that GetBucks may transfer his/her Personal Information outside South Africa:
- If the Consumer gives GetBucks an email address that is hosted outside South Africa; or
- To administer certain services, for example, cloud services.
- GetBucks will ensure that any country, company or person that we pass a Consumer’s Personal Information to agrees to treat such information with the same level of protection as GetBucks is obliged to.
- If GetBucks becomes involved in a proposed or actual merger, acquisition or any form of sale of any assets, GetBucks has the right to share a Consumer’s Personal Information with third parties in connection with the transaction.
- If a Consumer believes that GetBucks has used his/her Personal Information contrary hereto, the Consumer must first attempt to resolve any concerns with GetBucks. If a Consumer is not satisfied after this process, the Consumer has the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, under POPIA. The contact details are: The Information Regulator (South Africa), SALU Building, 316 Thabo Sehume Street, Pretoria, Tel: 012 406 4818, Fax: 086 500 3351 and E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Further Queries
- For information and all queries in connection with the Trust Level Program should be directed to GetBucks via Tel: 012 1111 333 or E-mail: email@example.com